Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Cupcakes



Fluffy vanilla cupcake with a swirling duo of orange & plain buttercream. Cross is white chocolate.

I found this fantastic chocolate mold for crosses in Suzie Q this week. I must admit, I was pretty rapt to find it. Usually, you find eggs and bunnies and chickens and ducks for easter stuff. I chose to top these cupcakes with a cross instead these other things because it reflects the truth of why the Easter celebration even exists. Bunnies and such are nice...they're fun...but this here - the cross and what it means - this is the heart of it. Might do some easter eggy ones later this week though...just for fun :).


xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Viv! Absolutely amazing! If, on the off chance that it ever happens, I get married, I SO want you to make my wedding cake! :)

    LOVE the crosses (though, no offense, for a different reason than you)... email me some? :)

    ReplyDelete