Friday, March 12, 2010

You Want a Piece of Me?


It sits there...quietly accusing me. Has been for weeks now. The ironing. The dishes in the kitchen are on strike....if I don't wash them, they won't do their job. Someone needs a drink. Someone else needs a nappy change. And the baby is crying again. She wants to be entertained. The boy doesn't like it when she cries. It upsets him, so he is screaming also. In a few hours, kids will be asking for food, so I have to make sure dinner is sorted. I don't know what to cook and I'm too tired to be bothered with it.

I vaccuumed, but looking at the floor now, you cannot tell. I wonder what the point was in the first place. There is a set of questionnaires that I need to finish and post off for the boy's assessment in little over a week. I'm supposed to be getting another set of photos ready for him to use as well (for communication purposes). One of the girls has located a spider among the toys, so I need to deal with that.

....All I want to do is go to bed, but if I do...who will carry this load? Speaking of load, the laundry loads are sorted but tapping their feet impatiently as they wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...for me.

I feel like everyone and everything wants a piece of me. A million things that demand my time and attention and energy. I have to spread myself thin to try and get to everything. Sometimes, I get so tired. And sometimes, it's more a case of brain-tired than body-tired. But brain-tired somehow makes you more body-tired anyway. Combined with poor sleep (blame baby mainly) and being sick...makes it all worse.

I've been sick this week. So has hubby. At this stage, I don't think any of the kids have caught it. A headcold sinusy thing it was. Although the baby was a bit sniffly and the boy was a bit snotty too. But I'm not sure if they have got it. They both seem ok for now anyway, which is good. But what an aweful week. I hate it when hubby is sick. He hates it too. More probably. His headcold developed even further into Bronchitis...it usually does. So he is sicker and and has spent alot of time resting in bed. But he also spent an entire night at work in the middle of it all. I got to sleep in a little bit once or twice. But thats it. And only because I made the poor guy get up to sort out kids in the morning. I felt bad because he is still sick. But I made him do it anyway. Meanie.

So I haven't done any baking this week. It's been challenging enough just trying to manage the basics! I miss it. But I'll once things get back to normal around here I will be back into it....if anything here can be considered normal LOL.

Now, I really should finish those dishes....or maybe sort through this pile of paperwork on my desk....


.....coffee sounds good right about now.




No comments:

Post a Comment