Monday, May 31, 2010

Cupcakes For My Brother

The cupcake tower. A bit plain, but it was all I could come up with in the time I had!



My brother turned 25 last weekend, and I made his birthday cake for him. Cupcakes mostly. With a small top cake for cutting. Unfortunately, the whole party wasn't even confirmed to me as happening until only 2 days before the event. So it left me with very little time to come up with something. Very little time. (STRESS!!)

About halfway through the morning, as I was decorating the cupcake stand, I actually ran out of brown ribbon. At that point, my stress levels went through the roof. With four little ones and myself still to dress and get ready for the party, and a baby to feed as well, I just didn't have time for this! But, in the end, I managed 6 dozen cupcakes - plainly swirled, no fancy toppers - in Mocha Hazelnut and White Chocolate & Raspberry. The topcake was vanilla layered with white chocolate buttercream and raspberries, finished in white chocolate buttercream, and decorated with modeling chocolate accents. Everything is handmade and edible, except for the ribbon of course.




The monogrammed top cake. Accents and figures all
handmade from modeling chocolate.




The cupcakes had been disappearing through the night, so that by the time we actually got around to singing happy birthday, half of them had been eaten! (Sorry for the blurry pic)


Accents cut from the modeling chocolate. Very oily to work with, but fun to make!









xx


No comments:

Post a Comment