Friday, October 29, 2010

A Croaky Moan

I don't know for sure, but I think little man has been trying to speak! Recently, he has been making a new sound - hardly noticeable at first but definitely different and definitely new. The sound was a little bit like a croaky moan...."Mmmmm" or maybe even "Nnnnnnn" ..... hard to tell. I told the Speechie about this new sound - he even did it while we were with her. But she said it was probably just a sigh or something. But only days later, he has added other sounds to it; a bit like "Nnnnnaaaaahhhhhbbbbbwwwfffffmmmm...".

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you try to scream or speak and it feels like your face is paralysed so you can't get the words out...? Well, that's what he sounds like. Kind of slurred.

He has progressed from that first little croak to short strings of babble. I first heard it a couple of days ago. He was around a corner of the house, out of sight but not out of earshot. At first I thought maybe my brain was embellishing a little sound into something more because of a hidden hope inside. But then he did it again last night! And when I told hubby, he mentioned that he heard the boy do the same in the bath the night before (I was out). So now I know I was not imagining things!

He has also been making "ffffffff" sounds - but it's sort of like when you blow bubbles kind of a fff. Sometimes it's more of an "Ooooffff!". And 'sssss', he has been doing that one too.

Last night, as he was playing around the lounge room, I could swear I heard him say 'Go!' ... or at least try and say it. It's so exciting, but I'm trying not to hope too hard in case I'm disappointed. Trying but not succeeding much LOL.... I can't help how my heart soars when there's the smallest inkling of a new skill developing.

Can't wait to tell the Speechie this week :)




xx

1 comment: