Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anniversary

Well, it has been a few days past a year since I started this blog. To be honest, I wasn't' sure it would go on this long. I guess I never really thought about it. I just started writing, and here I am. It seems to have evolved into two specific branches: my son, and my cakes. Lately I have been wondering if I ought to split and make two separate blogs for each thing. In light of that, I will post a little survey on the side bar, and I'd greatly appreciate a vote. It only takes a second or two on your part, but might help greatly in my decision. I like to know what my readers think.

Another thing..... several people have asked me in recent weeks if I minded if they read my blog, or shared my blog with a friend. My immediate reaction is usually - Hello?! It's on the world wide web. ANYone can read it! You don't need my permission! LOL. But I don't' usually say that to their faces, hehe.

Just to be clear; YES, you may read my blog. YES, you may share it with a friend - in fact, please do!! YES, you may link to my blog on your facebook or wherever.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't care if people read it or not. I want people to read it. It's vain, I know, but it's true!

There is one stipulation that I ask though: When it comes to my photos, they are mine. They might be crappy, but they're still mine, and I would ask that if you use them, you credit and link appropriately please. This would also apply if you were going to quote me verbatim.

If you really enjoy reading here, you might want to consider becoming a Follower. It's pretty easy to do. There is a button down the left hand side which allows you to do this, and all you gotta do is click it. It will ask if you want to follow publicly - people will be able to see a little icon with your name or nickname on it (yes, it lets you choose!), or you can even choose to follow anonymously, in which case, you won't appear on the side bar, but you will still get updates as I post.

One last thing... I really love comments. True, I don't always get around to responding to them - pretty slack of me and I promise to try harder! But I do love comments. You can even choose to remain anonymous when you leave one if you prefer! My email address is at the side bar as well, so if you want to send a comment or question privately, that's fine too. Here it is again; slinki.xx@gmail.com. And just to explain, the 'x' s are not R-rated things - sorry to disappoint you, haha!! - they are actually kisses. Most Lebanese people greet one another with a kiss to each cheek. This is what those x's represent. It's how I grew up, and I think it is a nice way to greet friends.

On that note - happy anniversary! I hope you have a lovely weekend and I shall post more later :)



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment